Start date: ASAP
An exciting opportunity to join the world’s largest independent wireless development team, and be a part of transforming our customers businesses by overcoming tough technical challenges and developing exceptional world class products.
Do you have a passion for helping customers develop their businesses through the use of innovative product development, and state-of-the art technology? Do you want to combine your substantial sales/ business development experience in the wireless and satellite market with your entrepreneurial flair to grow and manage key accounts? If so please read on.
Main purpose of the job
To develop key customer accounts in Cambridge Consultants’ wireless and satellite business. The role offers a high level of variety through the application of Cambridge Consultants’ full suite of capabilities, including radio system design, to key accounts in a wide variety of potential market areas. This relationship development activity involves the identification of prospective key accounts, identification of value propositions that will support the account’s ambitions and coordination of proposal activities that lead to development projects with the account.
Type of work
Cambridge Consultants is a world leader in wireless communication technologies, with one of the largest independent wireless development teams in the world. The division works across the entire wireless landscape – from high volume consumer applications, such as portable internet-based devices, through to professional high-performance systems, including the air traffic control radios used to govern over fifty percent of the world’s airspace. The breadth of our activities in wireless system and technology design provides tremendous variety to our team members. The markets that we address include cellular and telecommunications, satellite, healthcare, industrial, consumer and automotive. Examples of our wireless design experience includes the first digital patient monitor in the medical WMTS band, a professional intercom used at the Olympic Games and within broadcasting studios, Iridium’s satellite communication products, as well as key technologies fuelling the rollout of 4th generation cellular systems.
- To build business relationships with client key accounts
- To identify key accounts and appropriate business propositions
- To facilitate prospective development project opportunities
- To lead business development activities for certain project development opportunities – working alongside a project manager and technical authority
- To close sales – negotiating terms and conditions
- To be part of the project delivery team, remaining ultimately responsible for the client relationship and commercial success of the programme
- A degree in an appropriate technical discipline
- Substantial experience in the wireless market
- Experience of complex, high-value, technical sales / business development
- Market knowledge of existing technology (Digital 2, 3 and 4G cellular, Bluetooth, WiFi, NFC, DECT, ZigBee, Satellite, UWB as well as custom radio solutions)
- Experience of taking wireless products through the full development cycle is highly desirable
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Supplementary commercial qualifications are highly desirable
Cambridge Consultants is committed to developing its employees’ careers and has a flexible policy for individual capabilities and preferences. Promotion is linked to merit.
- Good salary, based on merit and reviewed annually
- Company profit share scheme in addition to basic salary
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance plan
- Private medical insurance
- Travel insurance
- Disability insurance plan
- Free canteen – lunches and refreshments
- 25 days annual holiday plus public holidays
- Relocation assistance if applicable
- Excellent career development and training opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Social committee